Before children receive their First Holy Communion, they must celebrate their First Reconciliation. This sacrament has a number of different names, including Confession and the Sacrament of Penance. The children of our parish are prepared for First Reconciliation over an 9-week period in term time at the church from September to November. The sacrament is celebrated at the beginning of December.
First Holy Communion
Preparation for First Holy Communion begins in January after children have made their First Reconciliation and over a period of 10 weeks during term time. First Holy Communions celebrations take place in May and June each year with 6 special Masses being offered.
About the Programme
- Children in year 3 of primary school and older are invited to begin preparation for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion.
- Classes are held every weekday (except Thursday and Sunday) including Saturday morning.
- Applications are invited from older children and are considered on an individual basis.
- Applications are invited from children with special needs. Please contact Sybil to discuss your child’s needs.
- If you are new to the parish and missed the closing date, please contact Sybil Lee sybillee [at] rcdow [dot] org [dot] uk, Catechetical Coordinator.