Information about Baptism for:
Baptism for Infants
Catholic faith requires parents to baptise their children as soon as possible after birth. Arrangements may even be made before your child is born.
To apply to have your infant child baptised, please collection an application form from Reception during office hours.
- You will be invited to a preparation session. These are held once a month on Sunday afternoons. If you have had another child baptised in our parish in the last two years you do not need to attend again.
- Before a date for baptism can be set, one parent must produce their own baptismal certificate. If neither parent has a baptismal certificate, one of you will need to apply to the parish of your baptism for a new copy.
- In our parish up to four children are Baptised together on Saturday mornings at 11.30am.
Baptism for Children Aged 5 and Older
For baptism for children aged 5 and older, please complete the ‘Baptismal Application Form for an Older Child’ obtainable from Reception. Once your application form is received, you will be contacted with respect to preparation for the Sacrament.
- Classes are run on Friday evening from 6-7pm during term time to prepare children for baptism.
- Parents and child are also invited to attend a baptismal preparation course (2 hours) either on a weekday evening or a Saturday morning at a mutually convenient time.
- Before a date for baptism can be agreed, one parent must produce their own baptismal certificate. If neither parent has a baptismal certificate, one of you will need to apply to the parish of your baptism for a new copy
Baptism for Adults
For information about being baptised as an adult in our parish, please see the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults.