Why should I be Confirmed?
Baptism, the Eucharist and Confirmation together constitute the “sacraments of Christian initiation”. At Confirmation there is a special outpouring of the Holy Spirit, as was granted to the apostles on the day of Pentecost. This brings about an increase and deepening of baptismal grace, completing the process of Christian initiation begun at Baptism.
What are the effects of Confirmation?
– We become more deeply sons and daughters of God the Father.
– We are united more firmly to Christ.
– The gifts of the Holy Spirit are increased in us.
– We are joined more perfectly to the Church.
– We are given a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of the Cross.